3.04.2010

Jealous-Hearted Me

When I decided to learn the chords to this song, I didn't know how to play a bar-F chord, which played heavily in the tab I could find online. So I made it up. I think it is awesome. This version is heavily influenced by the Ma Rainey version, which predates the Carter Family recording, so I've listed both in the tags.

It takes a rocking chair to rock
| A - E |
Takes a rubber ball to roll
| A - E |
Takes the man I love to satisfy my soul
| A - E | A7 |

Because I'm jealous, jealous
| D |
Jealous-hearted me
| D | A |
I said I'm jealous
| E |
Jealous as I can be
| E | A |

You can have my money
You can have my home
But for god's sake women leave my man alone

[chorus]

I got a stove in the kitchen
And it bakes it nice and brown
But I need a papa to turn my damper down

[chorus]

I'm gonna buy me a bulldog
To watch him while he sleeps
Watch that man of mine on his midnight creep

[chorus]

[repeat verse 1]

[chorus]


No comments:

Post a Comment